Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Winds of Suffering

Birds have started their singing now,
That might be the morning I think
Time to wake up and start the day
One more day added to my waning years.

Walking out of my humble abode,
Greeted by a breeze on my face
Laden with the sweet odor of flowers
Jasmine, rose and many others more.

I start my work, the usual one
And now winds starts to play around
Dancing around my unkempt hair
Teasing me with their fragrant gusts.

Oh how beautiful spring time is
Soothing the world with its gay colors
Finally the cruel winter had left
But leaving it’s lasting mark around.

I hear people laugh and sing
Getting along with their daily things
I feel their gaze upon my face
I smile in return, yes I do smile.

Its all so peaceful now, Only
Joy and the sweetness all around.
Not a trace of the winter snow
To numb the senses with its embrace.

I pray the flowers may never droop
I wish the birds to go on singing
I hope the world will remain the same
To be in the spring till the end of time.

All around me people move
Lucky ones, some black sheep too
Like me they stray through the paths
Unconnected with everything around.

I hear the birds , I smell the flowers
I smile without joy, cry without pain
All the flowers,birds and people around
Fails to free me from my icy throne.

Smelling flowers, hearing the songs
I see them all in my mind’s eye
For I am blind, ah cruel fate
I cannot enjoy the light anymore.

In my life the winter goes on
Darkness and ice encasing my mind
Always has its icy clutches on me
Oh cruel fate, the cold wind blows.